For the next 26 hours, all donations received through our Columbus Foundation giving store listing will qualify us to receive extra funds from the Columbus Foundation. Everyone who gives will have their donations amplified by the Foundation and they will also cover all credit card fees so that 100% of donations go to participating non-profits.
Islamophobia, hate crimes, and discrimination are on the rise. CAIR-Columbus is on the front lines pushing back! We are the first and last line of defense for our local American Muslim community. We are the institution committed to engaging the media to enhance understanding of Islam; engaging the political system to challenge anti-Muslim laws and policies; and engaging the legal system to protect and seek justice for victims of discrimination.
In the past few months alone, through our tireless work and dedication, we have:
- Filed a lawsuit to challenge the Muslim Ban 3.0
- Filed lawsuits for 17 plaintiffs who experienced immigration delays
- Obtained 3 settlements for victims of employment discrimination
- Launched a Safe Schools Initiative to combat bullying of Muslim students and distributed over 1500 (and counting!) of our Educator’s Guide to local schools
- Filed a U.S. Supreme Court amicus brief to challenge voter suppression in Ohio
- Joined the Electronic Frontier Foundation in an amicus brief to challenge the legality of searching cell phones at the border
- Represented a Muslim woman who was the victim of a shooting
- Represented Muslim business owners who were victims of repeated burglaries
- Represented a Muslim woman who was the victim of a vicious beating
- Participated in over 168 meetings, presentations, and educational events on topics of concern to the American Muslim community
Although we have been working around the clock, there is still so much more to be done. The Trump administration is attacking our civil rights on a daily basis. Help us continue to fight back by supporting us with a donation today!
In addition to helping us earn extra funds over the next 26 hours, your donation through the Columbus Foundation will also get you extra perks from the Big Give partners – including Jeni’s Ice Cream, Donatos Pizza, Homage, Hot Chicker Takeover, Piada Italian Street Food, and White Castle.
As always, your donations to CAIR-Columbus are also tax deductible and zakat eligible. GO BIG! BE KIND!
The CAIR-Columbus Staff & Board